Sunday 18 December 2011

7 Days Until Christmas.


Oh~ we've hit the one week check point until Christmas! Has everyone got their presents bought yet? I know I haven't. Aw well~ I'll get the left over gifts on Monday.

Today has been simply spectacularly lazy. My prediction last night about being sore today proved correct so me and my handsome man spent the day recovering in bed. Of course we may have made our situation worse by indulging in a few more pain causing activities while we were curled up together.

Sadly I ended up being called out from under my blanket by Ronald who wanted me to wanted me to accompany him Christmas shopping for William. I didn't want to go but at least it gave me the opportunity to pick up a nice new tub of strawberry ice cream. Alas~ that carton didn't last very long. Ah the love of a lady and her ice cream, it is always doomed to be a short lived romance.

Ronald and I had an interesting discussion on our way to run our little errand. We were talking about injuries and we have came to the delightful conclusion that there is no sensation quite like smacking your head off pavement. A grotesque and painful subject but it is true. It makes your whole head rattle. The only thing I could think of worse than that sensation is the bothersome pain of paper cuts, but they bleed so freely & beautifully that I can forgive their stinging tendencies.

On a more depressing note. I think I have caught a cold from being outside today. Will blames it on me for eating an entire carton of ice cream in December but I think he's just trying to ruin my fun. Also everyone knows that ice cream cures everything.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grell,
    It's been ages since we've talked via any way.
    Glad yours and Will's anniversary night went really well, in many ways. Hopefully I'll be awake enough to stalk you on Christmas eve...If not, I'll be there for some of it.
    Paper cuts bleed freely? Not for me they don't...but they don't sting for me. They just appear randomly about ten minutes after I put down my book...
    And hope you get better soon x
    Nina/serifinaxxx

    ReplyDelete