Friday 13 July 2012

The Process of Procrastination


I was going to write a completely different than this one but I spent the entire day procrastinating from doing it and I thought writing down what I have been doing instead would be more entertaining. You would think being a god of DEATH would make it impossible for me to be bored but nope, I've had the most quiet day in the world with only a little bit of work and a blog that I promised my self I would write to fill my time but this is what I did instead. 

My Process of Blog Writing! (Aka Things I do when I have something to do that isnt procrastinating)

  1. Turn on my ugly work laptop that I havent got around to replacing yet. 
  2. Open up blogger & read comments.
  3. Spend far too long trying to find that song I heard one time that I cant remember any of the proper lyrics to and I dont know the name of the band or the actual song.
  4. Go see what William is doing. (He was  being Dead exciting and doing the dishes in case you want to know)
  5. Yell at Will for buying me the wrong strawberry yoghurt when he went grocery shopping today.
  6. Sulk at Will for arguing back & smacking me with a wooden spoon. 
  7. Make up with my man which took a few hours and involved doing rather unhygenic things to each other on the kitchen floor. 
  8. Play that fabulous post-love game of "where did you throw my clothes?". 
  9. Move my laptop so I can play with it while using Will as a head rest while he reads on the sofa.
  10. Remeber that I havent used my tumblr account in ages and play with that
  11. Recieve soothing, shiver inducing scalp scratches and pets from my man because I'm his pussy cat~ 
  12. Fall asleep due to being petted.
  13. Get kicked off Will's lap for giving him pins and needles. 
  14. Let Will go check on his work things for tomorrow morning while I go back to tumblr.
  15. Stare at blogger some more. 
  16. Remember that yoghurt I complained about? Yeah I decided to eat it.
  17. Check my office email even if no one is currently in my department at this time of night and I live with my boss. 
  18. Watch makeup tutorials. 
  19. Somehow end up wandering off to the bathroom to play with my hair.
  20. WRITE THIS BLOG!
And after all those points I'm left sitting with a perfectly done updo in the middle of the night and no where to wear it to. At least I got something written. If any of my darling readers ever wondered why I having problems posting at times I'm not busy that list of points should answer that question. I adore my deadly adorable blog I really do~ It is just when it is open the rest of the world just looks so shiny and interesting and Will is deliciously distracting. I'm blaming his looks for being distracting. It's Will's fault.

I'm I the only horrible procrastinator in the world~? Or are the members of my audience just as bad~?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm just as bad.

    This summer, as a summer literature assignment, I must read Madam Bovary (as well as another novel of which I get to choose from a list), define 40 words that were in the two novels which I didn't know, and write a 500 word essay of irony in the story of the dear Madam. Not to mention for money I write things and am paid through a PayPal account, in case you want to pay about $5-$20 for something new to read.

    How far have I gotten at almost-midpoint-July? Half the essay, 11 words, and about 1/3 of Madam Bovary done. And not one word on an assignment a kind gentleman had paid $20 ahead of time for.

    What I have been doing in the meantime?

    - Fan fiction writing
    - reading about 10 books other than the ones I was assigned (I normally am quite the little bookworm)
    - Making YouTube videos (including a dubbed Black Butler motion comic)
    - finding new music
    - writing more things (often for either my writing portfolio or some form of contest)
    - enter sweepstakes
    - roleplay
    - whine for not being able to go to a convention that a favorite voice actor will be at
    - watch anime
    - find new wallpapers for my computer
    - look at items on the "Wish" app of Facebook, Amazon, and Gothic clothing stores such as Hot Topic and Vampirefreaks, wishing to have enough money to buy everything my heart desired, as not everyone can be the Earl of Phantomhive


    I hope this doesn't make you feel as bad. ;)
    ~MoonSpider

    ReplyDelete
  2. *rases hand* Terrible procrastinator, right here!

    What makes it worse is I work from home...sometimes the temptation of the internet is so bad I have to turn off my wifi just so I can get my days work done. T_T

    Trust me...you're NOT alone.

    ~Hairball

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¬.¬ i have an idle question...when you mention bathroom..which..ok forget it...I'm just trying to have a chat ^^ well i think your list is more proactive than mine..well i doesn't write one yet, but i think that the things i do more is sleep and posting in my blog... and yes, i know what it feels that you don't have time to post :( well, have fun answering to my comment and i hope that you (must) accept me in formspring...

    Well, i need to do this..only for fun: SPAM!! XD http://gadryblog.blogspot.com
    it's in spanish because...english isn't my first lenguage so please, don't hate me...

    >w< Charlie Kagamine <3

    ReplyDelete