Saturday 21 May 2011

High Heels 101



Since I got some enquires about my fabulous footwear I thought I would part with more of my wonderful womanly wisdom and teach all of you how to walk in heels.
I am a bit of an expert on the subject so here is some tips from your auntie Grell~

  • Start Small: Starting with high spike heels wont do you or your feet any favours, so start with a few inches and work your way up.
  • Work You Hips: Walking in heels is automatically gives you a sexy strut, if you fight it your balance will get messed up. So go with it~!
  • Practice Makes Perfect: Adjust to your shoes before taking them somewhere were there will be a lot of walking. Short trips around the house or to nearby shops will get you accustomed to your new babies before you're ready for a full length performance.
  • Socks: Synthetic materials will rub and burn when you're wearing high heels so cotton socks are your friend as they cause less friction.
  • Don't Wear Them All The Time: Even I have to wear flats sometimes and wearing heels all the time can cause health problems for you mortals. Also carrying a small pair of flat trainers or pumps in your handbag when your out can save you from beautiful, yet torturous shoes when you cant go home and change.
How to walk on ice in high heels?
The simple answer to this question is...don't, unless you're me. But since so many people have messaged me to ask me this question I'll tell you.
  • Wear a heel which isn't too thin as you will be able to balance better.
  • Wear shoes that have good grip.
  • Practice.
  • BE CAREFUL! You're not me, you can fall over and break your neck. Next winter if I have to reap any high heel, ice related accidental deaths I will bring you back just so I can kill you again myself for being stupid.
If I stated the obvious a little I apologise but some of my Grellettes asked so I delivered.

Oh and I got a few last minute messages from Ronnie this afternoon. Apparently me and William are hosting a party tomorrow night that we didn't know about. Well this should be interesting...

4 comments:

  1. Thankyou for the nice tips it really useful~ And have fun tomorrow night~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if I ever feel the feel the need to wear high heels, I will be sure to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Grell For those wonderful tips if i need them i will refer to u on it and hope u enjoyed the party luv ur minime
    ReaperGirl08 aka Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. u can actioly kill some onr for being stupid i nees to try tat

    ReplyDelete